January 31, 2006
Econometric Analysis in Health Economics: University of Lausanne
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Course dates: 20 to 24 February 2006
Registration deadline: 31 January 2006
- Prof. Alberto Holly (University of Lausanne)
- Prof. Jaya Krishnakumar (University of Geneva)
Presentation: The aim of this course is to provide the students with the necessary analytical tools to:
- formulate appropriate econometric models
- estimate them
- and draw proper inferences, using micro level data related to health issues, for instance data from health surveys.
Objectives: At the end of the course the student will know how to:
- specify a suitable econometric model for investigating the problem under study;
- confront the theoretical model with empirical observations; and
- draw proper conclusions based on the results.
The course is part of the a series of five modules offered as the International PhD Programme in Health Economics and Policy intended for PhD students who are wishing to enhance their specific knowledge and sharpen their capabilities in the field of health economics and policy.