January 20, 2006
Health Economics: University of Lausanne
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
- (module 1) 21 to 25 November 2005
- (module 2) 23 to 27 January 2006
- Prof. Pierre-Yves Geoffard (University of Lausanne)
- Prof. Michel Mougeot (University of Lausanne)
- Prof. Peter Zweifel (University of Zurich)
- Dr. Hélène Chevrou-Séverac (University of Lausanne)
Presentation: This course offers a comprehensive view of the economics of health systems: health care provision and its financing. The analytical framework will provide an integrated setup to analyze regulation issues, both on the demand and the supply side.
Objectives: Participants will be familiar with the main tools of micro-economic analysis of health systems, with an emphasis on informational issues. Models of asymmetric information will be studied in details, as well as their applicability to the study of health insurance and health care production.