February 15, 2010
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Dates: February 15 to 19, 2010
Registration: Online until 29 Jan. 2010
Course homepage: http://www.ssphplus.ch/phdcourses-hep
Prof. Alberto Holly (University of Lausanne)
Prof. Jaya Krishnakumar (University of Geneva)
The aim of this course is to provide the students with the necessary analytical tools to
- formulate appropriate econometric models
- estimate them
- and draw proper inference, using micro level data related to health issues, for instance data from health surveys.
The key features of such data sets are their qualitative nature and/or panel type structure. Hence it is important to know and be able to apply the models and methods specially designed for incorporating the particular characteristics of these data sets.
At the end of the course the student would know how to:
- specify a suitable econometric model for investigating the problem under study;
- confront the theoretical model with empirical observations; and
- draw proper conclusions based on the results.