June 24, 2010
My client is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research within the pharmaceutical sector. We are currently working with them in recuiting a Senior Director to head up their Market Access function in the United States.
We are seeking a senior market access or pricing and reimbursement professional to lead their expanding service offerings in the United States.
The Market Access Team brings together multidisciplinary service offerings from a number of practice areas within the organization to support:
- Drug development planning for market access and pricing strategy,
- Primary payer research,
- Communication of the product value story, and
- Reimbursement needs of clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
Currently, my client has market access staff in the US and select European markets. The candidate selected for this position will:
- Lead market access business development in the U.S.
- Assist the Market Access team in identifying and recruiting the staff necessary to expand market access capabilities in the U.S.
- Develop market access proposals and lead market access project work for pharmaceutical clients
- Manage U.S. based market access staff on proposal and project work
- Develop strong and continuing relationships with clients in the U.S. and global markets.
Qualified candidates for the position of US Market Access Lead will have significant market access research and strategy expertise and experience and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a health-related field, or MBA.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelors and 24 years with 10 years relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or consulting.
- Must have experience conducting qualitative research
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong meeting and presentation skills for interfacing with client/customers.
- Must have effective negotiation skills.
- Must have experience in leading both multidisciplinary and multinational teams, possess excellent team facilitation skills and also be an enthusiastic and effective team player.
- Must have experience in training and supervising staff.
- Must have exceptional communication, written and verbal, and organizational skills.
- Should have strong proficiency in MS office skills.
For more information please call James Melody of Stelfox on +44-1273-727-930 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org